If you have private health insurance, we recommend that you contact your health fund to check if you are covered for all costs of your admission.
You are advised to clarify with your fund, such things as:
- Do you have to pay an excess or co-payment as part of your policy?
- Have you served your waiting periods?
- Are your premium payments up to date?
- Will you be fully covered for an admission to a private hospital?
- Does your policy have any restrictions or limitations on the type of services covered?
If you have recently changed funds or changed your level of cover with the same fund, ask if this new cover can be accessed for this admission.
Please advise your health fund if the admission is related to an accident that may be covered by another insurer, such as WorkCover.
Paying your account
Your hospital fees will include the portion of your estimated hospital expenses that are not covered by your health insurer. These fees are to be paid on admission. Any additional costs incurred during your stay are payable on discharge. To find out more go to accounts and payment information.